Friday, January 26, 2007

My Bourse



I finally did it. Made a bourse. Not sure I'm happy with how it turned out, but now that I know how to do it, I can make another one and omit the obvious mistakes. The fabric I chose was beautiful but unsuitable for this project. It was a patchwork fabric, with a lot of seams, which made it difficult to construct the bourse, and it doesn't gather very well.

The sampler inside was inspired by Shepherd's Bush Pretty Pincushion but I changed it all around, added specialty rows and special stitches, more hearts, even a Rhodes heart in the middle. I picked all my favorite colors of silk and really enjoyed the stitching part. The sewing part, not so much. Its been so long since I sat in front of the machine that I got a bit rusty. As I have a ton of leather scissor sheaths to sew up, I'd better get some practice in.

So, what do YOU think?

No comments: