Thursday, April 17, 2008

Progress Reports





Its been quite some time since I posted a finish. Why? Because I haven't finished anything lately. Okay, yes, I did finish a small piece for our Friends in Thread Smalls RR but I'm not posting the picture because my partner doesn't know what I stitched as yet. When she receives it, I'll post it.

I've been working on two projects exclusively, since I finished the small piece. Brave Hearts by Little House Needleworks and Honor Thy Needle, by Twisted Oaks. The last is being done as a SAL and we're working on the piece on Sundays. Since the entire thing is being stitched over one, its slow going and I don't have much to show. Just don't laugh, please. I changed out the pale green linen for a Belfast that I dyed myself, a pale country blue. Matches DMC 3853, ultra light antique blue. Brave Hearts is working up great. I don't have a ton done on it, but what is done, I'm really liking how it looks. I'm doing it in Belle Soie--once again, if you haven't tried these, you owe it to yourself to stitch something with them. Heaven for your fingers. I'm working it on the required linen, Natural Raw Linen but using the 32 count instead of the 28 count. Coverage with one strand of silk is fabulous.

Spring cleaning is under way here in our little house--took me three days just to clean out the closet and my dresser. Tomorrow starts the cleaning and organizing of the stash room, again. I will admit, I'd rather be stitching but cleaning the stash room is fun. My biggest problem with that room is that my sewing is in there, along with both machines, a table for them, and the bed takes up a lot of room. Of course, it still does double as a guest room--with NO room for a guest! There just has to be a better way to fit everything in there.

Spring has finally arrived in this neck of the woods, today being a balmy 76 degrees and sunny. Another progress report as soon as I have something to show.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Debs,

Your wips are looking great! Wow, I can't believe you doing that all over one! You are brave! :) Good luck!

Andrea said...

Both of these are so pretty, my favorite is Brave Hearts, it looks great on the fabric you chose!
Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I love the Brave Hearts piece, Debs - I can see from your post and Nicole's that I'm going to have to add this one to my stash!