Saturday, March 29, 2008

Two More Finishes


As the title reads, I have two more finishes to share with you. The first is Frappuccino, by Little House Needleworks. Its the last of their coffee series of kitlets, all done on Vintage Examplar by Lakeside Linens, with Belle Soie silk floss. I think these three are adorable and I plan to frame them the same and hang them in the kitchen. One might even look good framed in a Sudberry House tray. Might just have to do one of them over again. I really liked how Diane changed the colors of the borders for each one.




My other finish is one I've been talking about for a month, the box for my daughter in law. I stitched Four Little Ladybugs by Indigo Rose. Had to stitch the design twice, side by side, to fit into the top opening. I think it turned out well. I lined the top inside, and padded the bottom inside with suede cloth, and added a hasp so she can lock little fingers out. I think I have a tiny padlock too, for luggage that would work well with this. Oh, and I stitched the design on fabric I call Summer sky (because I dyed it myself) with 'Creamsicle' silk by Threadgatherer and Soie d'alger by Kreinik. I'm considering also doing a biscornu to match, as I have enough of the fabric left.

So, what's up next? I'm thinking either My Needle's Work by LHN, or Soft Spring by Shepherd's Bush. It just depends on if I have all the Belle Soie needed for the LHN project.

Thanks for stopping by and for all the comments you leave. I've been very encouraged by those comments during this, our times of trial. And let me tell you, I've about had it with these trials. It does look as though we've weathered the worst. Only time will tell.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Debs! Frappuccino turned out great! That is one of my favorites! Your box is beautiful too - I'm sure your DIL will love it! A biscornu would be be very cute to go with it! :) Glad you hear your troubled times seem to be over. Hang in there!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful finishes! Love the box! Congrats.

Jane said...

Love your Frappuccino. Mad for a bit of LHN! I'm getting back to My Needle's Work. Nicole has done this one beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both your finishes! The box is gorgeous, and your DIL is going to be thrilled, I'm sure.

Andrea said...

Oh, I just love your Frappuccino! I stitched that one too and it was Heaven to work on! ALL of your finishes are wonderful!