Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More Smalls

Now that my pin exchange partner has received her package, I can share the stitching part with you. I stitched her Sea Shells, by Victoria Sampler, and finished it into a needlebook/pin keep. I really enjoyed doing this one, and it was on her wish list. She loves the ocean.













And here are my new finishes. The biscornu on the left is Twilight by Indigo Rose. I changed the colors to suit my daughter in law's taste and tonight, I gave it to her. She seemed to like it a lot. The biscornu on the right is also by Indigo Rose, Pretty In Pink, and its a lot smaller than it looks. It came with its own tiny wooden stand, and was a lot of fun to stitch.



These are both Purple Rosebud by Ewe and Eye and friends.

These two fobs were both from the same kit. Incredibly, there was enough fabric and threads for both. The one on the left is done the way the instructions read, with one strand over two threads. On the right, I used two strands over two threads. It was interesting to see the difference in texture and intensity of color in the two fobs. My daughter in law liked the one on the right the best, so she took that one home. Sooner or later, I'll fill her sewing box with smalls.


Now, on to the next exchange. This one will be a designer exchange, and I think I'm going to finish the piece into a bourse. That will be different for me. But, I think I'll wait until tomorrow to pick the fabric and fibers.


Thank you to all of you who read my posts and a special thanks to those who leave comments. I do appreciate the time you take. Visit any time.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I have noticed that most of the EEF pieces call for over one. I usually wind up stitching them over two because I like the fuller coverage.

Nicole said...

Debs all of your projects are beautiful! I still think it's so awesome that your DIL shares your love for stitching! I wish I had someone close to me that did! :) Can't wait to see what's next! :)

BeckySC said...

OOOH, lovely smalls :) You do great work :)

Anita said...

Wow, lot of great finishes. I love the Indigo Rose and the EEF ones a lot. Great stitching and finishing.

Anonymous said...

Oooh--Love the biscornus! They are my favorite thing to finish at the moment. I also have the pink and white one that sits on a pedestal--I really need to stitch it. Love your blog!