Monday, August 06, 2007

Another birthday gone by

Sorry to be so late with the update this time. You would not believe just how busy we have been.

Another birthday has come and gone, and I'm feeling older than dirt. Nah, not really. It was just a hectic last two weeks, or I would have updated sooner. I had a really nice birthday party. Hubby and I started off the day by going to Berne, Indiana's Swiss Days with my friend Jean and her hubby. Very hot outside. Did a bit of shopping, (got some splendid lace) ate part of a funnel cake, (not the best thing for my diabetes) and was totally relieved to get home to the a/c. After dinner, the family gathered. My daughter in law baked me a scrumptious cake (cherry chip), the kids made me all kinds of gifts--one was even a wrapped nothing. The boys thought that was great fun.

I received: nail polish set with fancies, a cell phone case, a game of "Are you as smart as a 5th grader?", a watch with Eeyore on its face, a glass heart and a fiber optic lamp, and the cross stitch kit "Purple Rosebud" by Ewe and Eye and Friends. There was no wrapped gift from hubby, just a card with cash, promising a trip to House Of Stitches.

I received two lovely gifts in the mail from stitching friends. From Adana, a lovely pin keep, with a bluebird of happiness right in the middle. She did a great job stitching and finishing it. Thanks, Adana. Never again tell me that you can't do finishing well.



My friend Deb sent me a book thong. It is gorgeous to behold, but even better to use. It's a real classy piece, a one of a kind, and the colors are just perfect. Isn't it pretty?



Okay, the trip to House of Stitches took place this past weekend. What a great day from start to finish. My daughter in law decided to go with us, she's becoming a great stitcher, and as hubby had to turn in his paperwork close to where the store is, he joined us. The weather was perfect for the trip--and trip it is, at over two hours one way. He dropped us off and went about his business, and we entered paradise for stitchers. We investigated every nook and cranny, bought leaflets and kits, silks and linens, scissors and laying tools. Fabulous models covered every inch of wall space, and we searched out charts for the ones we fell in love with. Time passed way too quickly, and before I knew it, hubby was back and laughing about the filled basket I was trying to carry. We talked about our shopping the entire way home, and poor hubby, feeling so left out, took a nap. We ended our trip by stopping at the Ponderosa my son manages, and had dinner. It was a perfect day.

My new stash: A lovely kit by Indigo Rose, Pretty in Pink. New silks. A few new leaflets. I didn't take pictures of the fabrics I got, but I got what was specified in the leaflets. And I finally broke down and bought a Just Nan with the whimsy frame, Summer Spell. Its really cute.






6 comments:

Deb said...

Oh geez, guess this means I have to get busy and get my update done also. :)

Lovely stash, can't wait to see it stitched.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Debs!! Love all the new stash! The pinkeep from Adana is beautiful and so is the bookmark from Deb! :)

Rachel said...

You got some great stash!! Glad you had a nice birthday.

Sharon said...

Lovely stash and lovely gifts.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Debs! Lovely gifts from Adana and Deb and very cool stash selection!
May this year be especially wonderful for you and yours!

XXXX
Cari

Anita said...

Happy belated birthday. Great stashing and great birthday gifts.
A trip to the needlework shop was fantastic.