Friday, October 30, 2009

A Teeny Tiny Finish

For the past week, I've been doing finishing work on PIF projects so they could be mailed today. If you are waiting for something from me, it's in the mail. I also was able to fit in a small fob kit that I recently received, Eek! by Lizzie Kate. Since I can't show the pictures of the finished PIF's, I'll just show you a picture of my Eek! fob.


I have done some more work on SB's "Into the Night" but not enough to take a progress picture. I get a bit jealous of people like Nicole who seem to get so much done so fast. Actually, I spent most of my time on the computer, looking up directions and addresses for hubby, who had a 6 stop Menard's run, delivering bathtubs and shower enclosures, all over Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. That was fun. (took 2 days to get it all off.) Now, it's Friday, and I don't know if I want to go back to work on Into the Night, or find something new and/or quick to work on for the weekend. I'm leaning towards the something new and quick, lol.


This Eek ! fob was fun and very simple to do--until it came to sewing on that dratted button for the spider's body. That button is tiny, almost infinitesimal. I mean smaller than a baby button. So, there I was, trying to get it in perfect position for the legs, holding it with my finger nails, and snap--I flicked it off into the nether world. It went sailing over my chair and took me 20 minutes to find. Good thing my kid was already in bed. I would have been so embarrassed with him seeing me frantically searching for that teensy tiny button. (I'm not trying that other word again, lol.) I was crawling around on the floor, moving things--my cat thought I was a nut. It was one of those times when everything I touched fell over. Eventually, I found that dratted button, got it sewn on and quickly put the project away to iron at a later time. ( I could just imagine what would have happened had I tried to iron it then.) Anyway, I waited until the next evening to get the finishing done on the fob. I did NOT attempt to ruch a ribbon around this fob like the picture on the kit showed. I want to be able to use this piece so just sewed on cording. Sorry for the dark picture, we've had rain all day.

Hope this finds all of you well and ready for Halloween tomorrow night. Stitch on, my friends and thank you for all the lovely comments you leave.

6 comments:

Deb said...

The Eek fob is wonderful. Beautifully stitched and beautifully finished. Can't wait to see your PIF items.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your fob is lovely! Sorry about the button, though!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

The fob turned out great, Debs despite your fighting with the button! Be sure and show us all the things you mailed out, too. Okay?

Anonymous said...

Hello, I like very much this small pillow, very good-looking, I send to you full of kisses and says to you in joyful bientot Halloween also amities marylin

Siobhán said...

Your fob turned out great, Debs. Lovely finishing!

Brigitte said...

I love it, it turned out great.