Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Americana Sampling

Didn't think it would take long to get this one finished up, so here it is, Americana Sampling. This was a limited edition kit for 2005. I changed the date to reflect the year I stitched the piece. This was a fun stitch--but I had to substitute a thread color. It used Crescent colours Bunny Honey but my skein was just too light--the alphabet faded right into the fabric color. I ended up using Country Lane, but even that was really too light. And obviously, my try for interesting photos was a total bust. Maybe one of these days, I'll get a good picture of something.




Haven't touched "Into the Night" lately so no update photo. I will get back to it soon. I've left it on my stitching table to keep it in sight.

On the home front, the animals are being more friendly towards each other, and Banshee is pretty much house broken now. There are still a few encounters with Spooky, the oldest cat, but somehow I think it's all friendly fun. (Spooky comes looking for Banshee, if you get my drift.) Banshee and Boo are such a Mutt and Jeff pair. I snapped this picture the other night--it was just too cute to pass up.


Last night I started LHN's Gentle and Kind, and I'm doing it twice. One will be two over two and one will be one over one. Both are likely to be gifts of some sort. Since I only managed to get a tiny bit of border stitched, I didn't bother taking a picture. There is nothing recognizable there but a line of stitching. Word of warning to anyone stitching any of these charts. The charts are computer generated, and with the alphabet at the bottom for personalization, the computer doesn't put the centering arrows in the correct spots. The same was true for her Traveling Stitcher, which comprised two charts, and the computer chose to put the arrows in between the charts and a lot of people, myself included, started on their linen in the wrong space.

While our weather here is still hot for the most part, we're having a bit cooler temps at night. A welcome relief. It will soon be autumn! Stitch on, dear friends, and thank you for all your wonderful comments.

7 comments:

Casa Pearl said...

Your sampler is lovely Deb. And great picture of the pets! Nobody likes to sleep along. :-)

Rachel said...

Congrats on the finish Debs - I KNEW you'd finish it before me! ROFLOL

Deb said...

Congratulations on such a sweet finish!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on both your recent LHN finishes - really cute! I struggle with my photos too...never can seem to get the colors or lighting right. Glad the pets are becoming buddies, pretty soon they will be inseparable probably.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations on the lovely finish, Debs. It's beautiful!

Jane said...

Lovely finish, Debs. Don't worry about your photos either. I'm sure everyone would agree, we just love seeing ANY photos of needlework. :) Your other LHN recent finish is cute too!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Deb! I plan to do more patriotic stitching this year and this is in the pile. Love the pic of the pets. :)