Monday, March 02, 2009

New Stash, Oh, My!



A new month, and a new order from House of Stitches . It arrived today, and to say I'm thrilled would be really understating things.

I received a blend of old and new. From Val's Stuff, "home is where my cats are". I had to get this chart--it shows a picture of two cats, a gray and a black one. Both of which, we have. Then from Blue Ribbon Designs, from market, "It's Cold Outside". I really like this chart. I'm not sure that I'll ever do the large sampler but I have many uses for the smaller designs. Snowmen, and who doesn't like snowmen? Penguins, my daughter in law loves penguins! Then there are snowflakes, presents, a gingerbread guy, ice skates, a bunny, trees, you get the picture. And I do so love smalls! I also got all the Crescent Colours that the chart required. Might as well have it on hand, eh? Also in that first picture, something called the Buddy Case. It's a faux leather tool case for my stitching bag. It has an inside tray so I can keep some things secured, and still have a place to keep my good scissors safe from scratches. I think it's gorgeous. Mine is in the color Saddle but it does come in tons of other colors, even Eggplant.


Little House Needleworks--truly a blend of the old and the new. The old would be Peach Tree Cottage (which I thought was cute and thought I had but didn't) and Goodwill thread pack. Of the new, East Coast (from sea to shining sea) the last installment, Liberty and Justice, In the Beginning, State Fair and the first design in the new Women's Virtues "Gentle and Kind". Gentle and Kind is a thread pack with Crescent colours Belle Soie and this first one is gorgeous. And before you ask, no, I didn't buy any linen this time. I have a huge cabinet full of linen and it's time I started using what I have before I buy more.

As mentioned above, I did receive the last chart pack for From Sea to Shining Sea, East Coast. Yesterday, I finished that border, completely, and started in on the middle design, Mountains. It was so nice stitching something other than border; new colors, different shapes. Now my only problem will be continuing to work on this project when I so want to start one of the new charts, like "home is where my cats are".

Well, back to my stitching chair and afghan, as it's plenty cold outside and it's been difficult keeping the house warm enough without spending a ton on heating. Keep stitching, and smile! It makes people wonder what you're hiding, LOL.

8 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Nice stash, Debs – I’m envious of all your LHN & CCN charts!

I was admiring the “Buddy Case” at HOS when I was there on Saturday, but managed to resist the temptation to buy one. I might end up getting one on my next visit, because I’m going to be travelling a bit in April, and I think it would come in handy!

Patricia Lessell said...

Boy did you ever get nice stash Deb. What's the buddy case like in real life? I'm coming over I think in June so I shall have to make a trip to a LNS in California - well LA to be precise. I'm sure I'll find one and if I don't I'll go travelling until I do. Love Patti xxx

Anonymous said...

Ah! Fabulous stash from a **wonderful** cross stitch store. I love House of Stitches!!

Note to self: Check out Buddy Case next time I'm there . . .

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What fun stash! Gotta check out the Buddy case - it looks great. Tell the store if they get a run on them, you should get one free!

Nicole said...

Great stash haul Debs!! You got a lot of nice things! :) Stay warm!

Deb said...

Your stash looks wonderful! What a wonderful things to work on. And I love your finished Traveling Stitcher!
Deb

Siobhán said...

Wow, great stash haul!! I particularly like that It's Cold Outside. I have Peppermint Twist as a WIP and need to finish that before I can allow myself to get & start It's Cold Outside. I heard the linen for that one is gorgeous.

Your Traveling Stitcher is FABULOUS!! I didn't realize at first that it was yours, I thought it was from the chart. Your finishing is incredible!! YGG!

Brigitte said...

Oh Deb, what a great haul of new stash this is. The new Blue Ribbon design is just gorgeous. And I also love your new LHN pile. Enjoy everything!