Thursday, January 15, 2009

UFO now a finish!


Here it is, Shepherd's Bush "FRIGHT", finally done. I really like how this one turned out. It's so pretty. (Yup and it's another one that eldest son has put his name on since the theme is Halloween.) You probably can't see it, but the fabric is distressed, and the fibers are silk, with the variegated thread Autumn Foliage by Threadgatherer.


That makes at least three UFO's that I've done in the last month. I'm so psyched about that. Of course, I have plenty more to get done, but I'm feeling righteous so . . . . . a new project. I'm thinking of starting LHN's 'Where there is hope' but I'm really tempted to get started on her 'Winter Whites', that Nicole started. It looks so pretty and wintery--and here in Indiana, it is certainly winter. Our high for today was -1 and right now, we're at -4 degrees. Just too too cold. We did get a bit of snow yesterday, so when I look out the front door my car is simply a white mound. I'm staying indoors to keep warm. I've been keeping busy, with laundry mostly, and some minor picking up. As soon as dinner is over, then I'll pick which new project to start on. I'm sort of leaning towards the 'Where there is hope', but I'm trying to decide if I want to do it over one or over two threads. Wouldn't it be neat to have that as a miniature? Decisions, decisions. If my order from Shepherd's Bush had come, there would be no decisions to make--I'd have started the 2009 Fob immediately--it's really adorable. But, from what I understand, the Bush is awaiting an order of ribbon for the kit and they won't be sending any out until it arrives. Boo, hoo.


I'm off to make dinner and then head for my stitching nest and an afghan for my feet. Hope all of you are keeping warm, and enjoying your stitching. Stitch on dear friends. And for those on the other side of the pond, keep cool, stay out of the sun, and send a bit of the warmth our way.

7 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Pretty, pretty! Congratulations :)

Rachel said...

Too cute Debs! Have fun stitching and keep warm!

imnverted said...

Beautiful finish!

Nicole said...

Great finish Debs!! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, Debs! Congratulations on another UFO finish!

Jane said...

I was waiting to see this one. I love it! I'll look forward to stitching it one day.

Thanks for the heads up about the SB 2009 fob delay. Good to know. I'm tempted to get this one along with the scissors of course.

Keep warm!!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful!