Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hanging on by my fingernails !!

Well, its been 3 weeks and counting with my hubby home day and night, working on the truck. Good news is; the truck is done. Bad news? His new job that he was supposed to start Monday? Bossman went on vacation and we're stuck until Friday. Or should I say, I'm stuck until Friday before I can have my day of relaxation.

On the other hand, knowing what a mess he had made in working on the truck, hubby has been more than willing to help with the carpet cleaning, putting dishes in the dishwasher, and falling asleep on the couch by 9 pm every night. I don't know about all of you, but I just can't stitch when it sounds like the express train is speeding by. Thank goodness that all the television shows I watch are over for the season. I would have hated to see the season finale of HOUSE or BONES while the train was rumbling by.

Which brings me to a question. If any of you watch HOUSE, what do you think is going to happen with the new season? Will Dr. House hire three newbies? Get the old ones back? I really don't like cliffhangers. Not when it will be something like 5 months before we find out.

Even with hubby snoring on the couch, I have managed to stitch some. Right now I'm working on my Victorian Elegance. I dyed up a piece of white Belfast, and I'm using Waterlilies in two shades: Iris and Amethyst. The stitching is done on the needlebook but I'm fighting with the over one for the fob. Am also considering making a biscornu to match as I find I have enough fabric to do that. I really like how it's looking so far, but the real test will be after it's finished. And darn, still need to find some lavender felt. If you are wondering what color I dyed the linen, it's about the color of this font.

Now I'm off to make dinner. Another downside of Hubby being home during the week is having to have dinner at a specified time. Can you imagine, he'd like to eat on a regular basis !

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Debs, I'm sure when he's gone you'll kind of miss that rumbling train! :) LOL! I do hope you get your day soon though! I bet Victorian Elegance is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it! :)

Jacqui said...

Oh poo, you mean his three underlings all leave? We're not that far yet on House. Don't need to watch it now...LOL.