Friday, May 18, 2007

This one's for YOU

Yes, readers, this post is for you. (I feel like Stephen King, and his Dear Readers) I usually post about what's happening in my life, what I'm stitching, what I've finished, and sometimes, even what I've been reading. I tattle on my hubby and the stitching store. So, now, it's YOUR turn.

Yes, I know that most of this information is on your respective blogs but I don't happen to have all of your links. What I would like you to do, when you leave a comment, let me know what you are working on, or reading, or whatever you would like to share about yourself.

Until then, here is my update. I'm still stitching on Shepherd's Bush Jingle and Fright, though I'm not liking Fright at all. (supposed to be Halloween-y, but it missed a bit.) I'm about half done with Jingle. I threw caution to the wind tonight and started a new piece by Indigo Rose. Sweet Baby James. I was hoping to purchase the kit but it's a bit old and I hadn't found anyone who still had it in stock. Bummer. Imagine my surprise when a dear friend told me that it was first out in an old issue of Just Cross Stitch. An issue that I have. (that really amazed me.) The recommended fabric I did have, the fibers, I did not. I didn't even know that Wildflowers by Caron came in solid colors. Where have I been? But Bless Caron for numbering colors the same, whatever line they are in. Soie Crystale had the same numbers as the solid Wildflowers, so guess what? I'm doing it in silk. Where I'll find the wood needle holders, I'm not sure, but I know a friend sent me one awhile ago. That's what I did tonight, cut the fabric and prepared it, pulled the threads, and actually had time to stitch an entire length of silk.

On the family front, we were sick this week. All three of us got sick at the same time very early Tuesday morning. It was something like the flu but without the respiratory problems. Lasted about 36 hours, and then another day to feel less weak. The funny part was three adults sharing one bathroom during this. All are hale and hearty again now.

Reading: Just started James Patterson's THE 6TH TARGET and before that was Joe Hill's THE HEART-SHAPED BOX. Now that was a great read. I hate when others say it but it really was a "page-turner". I look to see it as a movie in the near future.

That's all for me for now. I've run out of things to say. Hubby will be home soon. Good night, my friends.

No comments: